Sorry! Currently unavailable due to the present crisis
Cycle Hire from York Railway Station
- York bike hire available from Cycle Heaven at York Station.
- Lycra-free cycling with the best quality hire bikes in York. Helmets are included in the hire price.
- For town - very high quality, very upright city bikes from the No.1 Dutch brand - Gazelle. These are super comfy, smooth-riding bikes suitable for everybody. With a laid back feel they're perfect for exploring our historic city. The bikes are adapted for everyday use, with a fully enclosed chain and guards to protect your clothes, you can ride them in just about any outfit. They also come ready equipped with lights and locks, plus (on request) steel baskets - ideal for your picnic or your shopping. We even have a couple of child seats that can be fitted to the Gazelles if required. (max child weight 25kg).
- For country - alternatively, if you are planning longer trips (including multi-day cycle touring) into the country, we can supply Ridgeback hybrid bikes. These are lighter, with 24 speed derailleur gears, Marathon tyres and a more sporty riding position. Equipped with locks, racks and emergency toolkits. Panniers are also available. These available in a range of sizes, when booking please provide the heights of each rider. We've also got 2 kids bikes, a 20" wheel (ages 6-10) and a 24" wheel (age 9-13).
- For mixed journeys - Brompton folding bikes are also available for hire - for the same prices. Why not explore the possibilities of a bike you can take on the bus or train?
- Brompton try before you buy - if you buy a new Brompton within one month of hiring from us, we will knock the hire fee off the price of your new bike on production of the receipt.
- Bikes we do not have available - road bikes, tandems, electric bikes, tricycles, recumbents, trailers, tag-alongs, balance bikes.
If you would like to reserve a bike or discuss a hire please call us on 01904 622701.
- From the trains - exit from the main entrance and turn right.
- From town - to the left of the main entrance portico.
If you are paying by cash a returnable deposit of £150 and photo ID (driving license/passport) will be required to hire a bike.